Saturday, June 5, 2010

Crazy4Challenge C4C40

Happy Saturday, everyone!

It's Mercy, and I'll be bringing you the challenges for the next four weeks here at C4C! And to start this month out with a bang, our sponsor, Stamp N Plus Scrap N, will be giving away a prize to one of the lucky participants of this week's challenge! The winner will be randomly selected then announced on next week's post!



For our challenge this week, I want you to create PLEATS! These can be made from either paper or ribbon, so let your imagination go wild! You can use any stamps/images of your choice as well, but be sure to include some sort of PLEAT on your project!


If you would like to play along with us, all you have to do is create a card/project and upload it to your blog and/or to your SCS Gallery using the keyword C4C40. Don't forget to come back here and link it on Mr Linky so that everyone else can see it too.



Check out what the Crazies have to show you today:

Joanne Grzelak - Inky Ocean Gazer



Frances Byrne - StampOwl's Studio


Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits




Silke Kittmann- Silli



Mercy Kerin ~ Lord Have Mercy!


Lori Boyd - By LORi Designs




Vicki Garrett-Summerthyme Studio




Lynda Benden ~ Stamp Act



Joycelyn Pelkey ~ Stamps 'n' Coffee





18 comments:

wintam said...

I love pleats! thanks for the inspiration!

Messi Jessi said...

Not tried pleating before, and it was harder than I thought! Staples didn't work, then tried glue dots but they also failed. Resorted to tried and tested double-sided tape in the end - voila!

Billie A said...

Thanks for the chance to play, this was my first and maybe last time doing the pleating, it was harder than I thought it would be, maybe cause I used small ribbon, who knows but it was an experience and thanks for the push to do it. Hope you enjoy.

NancyK said...

Love what the designers have made - great inspiration!

Lois said...

I've not done pleats on a card before, but I found out that lots of Scor-Tape helps! Great challenge.

Scrappy said...

Oops! I used the wrong link! Please remove #19! Sorry!

Scrappy

~*Joni said...

What a great technique! I have just started pleating thin ribbon, but this gives me an opportunity to try it again. Wonderful job by the DT - such meticulous work!

Denise Marzec said...

Fun challenge!!....I've been wanting to do the ribbon pleating for some time now...this finally gave me the extra push to do it.

Awesome samples, too! All so beautiful!

A Bit of Country said...

What Great cards and a fun challenge (I hope you can see my pleats OKAY)

Patricia Rose said...

Awesome DT cards.. Love all the different ways you used the pleats... wonderful challenge.
hugs Patricia Rose

Peekpu said...

Thanks for the great idea! :)

1CardCreator said...

Love your DT inspiration! ~Diane

Peggy said...

Love all the sample cards! Awesome challenge!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Love all the cards...I think of bunnies and flowers when summer begins.

KimCreate said...

great challenge and design team samples.
KimCreate

Linda McClain said...

I've been wanting to try these forever. Thanks for the inspiration.

Beverly G said...

Quite a challenge for me, don't do the sewing thing very well, but I'm fairly pleased with the out come. Thanks for continuing to challenge us to create outside our boxes.

Mary Marsh said...

this was a great challenge-I am lovin' the look of pleated ribbon on projects-the dt did an awesome job