Saturday, March 6, 2010

Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C27

Mornin', Crazy fans!! (Hmmm, maybe I should put that a little differently.) How about, mornin' fans of the Crazies? Sorry, I couldn't resist that, LOL!

Thanks for dropping by our Crazy 4 Challenges blog! This is Barbara and I'm your challenge hostess for March. I've got some fun challenges cooked up for you this month, so I hope you will come back and check them out each week.

Before we get onto this week's challenge, we also need to let you know about our first sponsor for March which is
Since this is the first Challenge of the Month, this is our Prize Challenge, which has been donated by DRS Designs. One lucky person will be randomly chosen to win a $15 gift voucher so time to start creating! We will announce the winner with next week's challenge post.


My first challenge for you is Paper Piercing. I love this technique and there are so many ways to use it. You can do a little, you can do a lot, you can do it fancy, you can do it plain--you can even use it for faux stitching!

If you would like to play along with us, all you have to do is create a card/project with paper piercing and upload it to your blog and/or to your SCS Gallery using the keyword C4C27. Don't forget to come back here and link it on Mr Linky so that everyone else can see it too.

Before we get onto our design team samples for this week we have 3 samples from the DRS Design Team for you to see.


Jennifer-Designer DRS Designs- Ink 'n Scrap Habits



Cathy-Designer DRS Designs-Crafty Thoughts



Jenny-Designer DRS Designs-Designs by Boo


So, without further ado, here are some samples from the design team to get your mojo movin'! Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits


Jessica Diedrich-The Whimsical Butterfly



Joanne Grzelak -- Inky Ocean Gazer

Mercy Kerin - Lord Have Mercy!

Vicki Garrett-Summerthyme Studio


Frances Byrne - StampOwl's Studio


Joycelyn Turner ~ Stamps 'n' Coffee

Robin Willis - Robin's Artful Musings





Lynda Benden ~ Stamp Act



Lori Boyd - By LORi Designs 




18 comments:

Silli said...

So many beautiful cards from the dt...wow, great work ladys... Happy weekend... HUGS Silke

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Scrapbooking Challenges and Competitions category today [06 Mar 01:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Taylor said...

fun challenge - I might need to make some more cards for it!

CarrollAnn (~CA~) said...

I did this challenge, and it was a challenge for me since I never pierced a circle before!! Your samples are awesome!!

http://mrsboz.blogspot.com/2010/03/st-pattys-day-cards-mmsc43-c4c27.html

Sharon said...

This is the first time I've done paper piercing. Only did a small bit on this card, but I will definitely try it again.
Wonderful DT cards for this challenge!

Sharon

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

This is my first time coming across your little blog! I absolutely love all the cards you ladies made!! They are so gorgeous and one different from the other! Amazing!! I'm so glad I found this!! :)

AJ said...

Thanks for the challenge. I have never used paper piercing before...I didn't even know I owned the tool to do such a thing!

Dana White said...

Oh paper piercing is one of my favourites - glad I could play along!

Patricia Rose said...

wow, what fabulous DT cards.... thanks for the wonderful challenge...
hugs... Pat

Christina Hicks said...

I adore all of your cards. I notice I didnt do the right kind of paper piercing, but I have never done what you have done on your cards. How do you get the lines so perfect?

Beverly G said...

Love the chubby bunny, Cathy.The rest of the DT superb, also.

Janet, said...

Your great challenges and terrific card samples are so inspiring I have nominated you for a blog prize. You can stop by my blog to pick it up. Keep up the great work.

Elena said...

Thank you so much for the great challenge and inspiration! :)

Tamie said...

I loved this challenge and all of the DT cards. Thanks for adding to my day!!!

Queen La Rubba said...

This is a wonderful challenge! But who won last weeks texture challenge??? I am not seeing a winner announced. Maybe I am not looking int he right spot???
HUGS
Rach

Paula (PEP) said...

Have entered via Linky 101 - have never paper pierced before, loved the effect. Thanks for the inspiration. Paula

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wonderful challenge! I always forget about piercing so I got a little carried away with it.

Jayne M said...

Love all the cards. I love paper piercing on my cards to create faux stitching....saves a lot of time and looks just as effective!